Need an environmentally friendly, approved, and effective product to deactivate catalyst residues in polyolefins? DHT-4® is the answer! This family of hydrotalcites ensures that acid residues are captured in plastic. This prevents corrosion, which occurs when plastic comes into contact with metals, in many applications. This product also has potential in many other areas.
Discover the advantages of DHT-4®
DHT-4® works using a unique mechanism: anion exchange. In short, this means that DHT-4® can trap acidic substances in the layer between the crystalline structure, making them completely harmless. DHT-4® offers many advantages over alternatives such as calcium stearate (Ca-St) for the following reasons:
- DHT-4® can adsorb up to 10% of its own weight in anions, making it approximately three times more effective than Ca-St. This enables DHT-4® to minimize the loss of polymer physical properties.
- Superior haze, gloss, and transparency properties can be achieved with DHT-4®.
- Since the anions are captured in the intermediate layer of DHT-4®, there are no problems with migration or stearic acid vapors.
- With DHT-4®, the water transfer is considerably lower than with Ca-St.
DHT-4® is a very pure, uniform powder with a submicroscopic particle size. Our patented technology ensures consistently dense particle-size distribution. After synthesis, we treat the particles with a surfactant to increase their bond with polymers. As a result, DHT-4® has excellent dispersion properties. This makes the product suitable for a wide range of applications, including:
- Deactivation of residual acidic substances from the polymerization process used to produce Polyolefins. This significantly reduces corrosion damage of processing equipment and of the polymer itself.
- Protection of functional additives, such as phenolic and phosphite antioxidants and Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers (HALS), from deactivation. This increases long-term integrity and stability of polymer products.
- Scavenging of free halogen ions deriving from radicals in halogenated flame retardants. This prevents polymer degradation.
- Acid acceptor in Halogenated Rubbers such as CR, CSM, FKM and NBR, where high water resistance is required.
- Capturing residual acids in Maleic Anhydride grafted polymers, preventing odor and corrosion problems.
- Rendering acids originating from monomers in bioplastics inert, increasing hydrolytic stability.
Would you like to work on developments with us?
You have seen it already: there are many markets and application areas where DHT-4® can be of use. Curious about the possibilities of DHT-4® for your product? Do you have an idea for a new application, but are not yet entirely clear on how you can use our product? Come and visit us for an appointment or request samples without any obligation. We would be more than happy to join you in developing the ultimate application for your product!Contact us Request Samples